Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What's This Country Run On?

Dear Dunkin' Donuts,

Since I moved to the Boston area, I think I've been to Dunkin Donuts more often in the last six months than I have in the last 15 years.  No wonder you think the country runs on Dunkin'--Boston certainly does.

I've been really intrigued by Dunkin' Donuts since we moved here. There are so many of them--I'm within walking distance of at least two.  What also boggles my mind is that many stores seem pretty busy.  I don't get it--sure, breakfast, I can understand a rush.  I also understand people who need their coffee (I'm not one of those--the rumor I heard that the coffee tastes better the closer you get to Boston intrigues me, but not enough to test it out myself).  And if you're a franchise with a Baskin-Robbins, I can understand the evening customers.  But so busy all the time?  Really?

I'm no stranger to Dunkin's doughnuts, but as I started grabbing the occasional doughnut from one of your outlets, I find I want them more than I ever have before.  Did you put something in the water here to make me crave them so?  

Just curious.

Your pal, 
Jill

P.S. --If you're putting something in the water, could you put something in the Coolattas to make them taste better?  The strawberry one is so digustingly sweet.  It sounds refreshing on a hot day, but it's just....blech!  I've been burned twice now--no more Coolattas for me!


P.P.S.--Could you start supplying Congress with doughnuts?  While the country may run on Dunkin', Congress can't seem to get much of anything done.  A good chocolate stick might jump start them, don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. I miss Dunkin' Donuts! I used to get coffee there many mornings on my way to work in Chicago, and far too often a donut, too. There are no Dunkin' Donuts in Madison, oddly enough. Not even at the mall. Weird.

    Sounds like Dunkin' is Boston's Starbucks! Or are those on every corner Dunkin' isn't on?

    ReplyDelete