Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fall into Blogging

Dear Readers,

Oh, good grief!  It's been over a month since I've posted anything.  Perhaps I took a nice summer vacation, you think?  Not really.  I did go to Long Island for a weekend of learning about WFTDA roller derby officiating, but a weekend in a roller hockey rink does not necessarily equal a true vacation.  I did have a really good bagel though, so that's something.  [Incidentally, Long Island reminded me a lot of Northwest Indiana--just with bagels and different accents.  It was a little disconcerting.]

Anyway, I have missed blogging, and I've been thinking about how to get back into it.  I obviously am having difficulty coming up with regular ideas for letters to others.  I'm no Charlie Pierce, who's been writing--at least for the 2 weeks I've subscribed to the Boston Globe--open letters to people.  That's for sure.

Instead, I think I'll go for a hybrid Charlie Pierce/Suzanne Beecher route.  Suzanne runs an e-mail book club, which I've belonged to for several years.  I don't always read the books, but I do read her columns at the beginning.  She's a delight to read, and I love the way her column is organized--just a simple note to us readers with some observation about life.

If I combine these two approaches, I hope that I'll be able to get back into the 5 days/week blogging routine.  I think the rest of my writing is suffering a little, since I don't make use of this space that's designed to help me practice my craft.  I'll try to make it as interesting as possible, and I hope you keep on reading (and maybe tell your friends).

Thanks for your patience!
Your pal,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment