Thursday, September 30, 2010

Time Well Spent

Dear Readers,

Thanks for all of your comments yesterday!  I agree with Molly that one should take a shower early....the last time I found myself wearing pajamas far too late in the day, I asked around for advice, and the shower early tidbit was one piece of advice I started taking.  Wearing shoes was another idea I remember.  That one makes sense too...but I'll wear shoes if I'm cold or my feet hurt, or something like that.

Anyway, as I sit here in my own funk (the Boy needed a ride to the train station, which meant I got up and put on clothes and drove him.  Got wrapped up in other things when I got home), I'm thinking about madgal72's comment about reading books.  We've got a three-season porch on the back of our apartment, and it's the only room with a couch (the couch--actually a hide-a-bed--is of unknown age and provenance.  It came with the place.  It's frightfully heavy, so it's not moving off the porch).  I've often thought that it would be nice to sit back there and read....except that would mean time away from the computer.  You know, time spent on Facebook and mah-jongg and news sites and blogs....oh, and work too.

It's kind of stupid to think that way though.  I've got tons of books, and reading them would actually help my writing a little bit more--more than time on Facebook does, at least.  Any ideas on how to get over myself and step away from the computer?  Especially while there are still a few nice days left to enjoy the porch?

Your bonehead pal,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment