Friday, February 5, 2010

Will Work Polls For Brownies

Dear Alderman Tunney,

It was really nice to see you visit our 6th precinct polling place at the primaries this past Tuesday--and I'm not just saying that because you casually slid a box of oh-so-delicious Ann Sather's brownies on our table.

Granted, I think I was a little overzealous when you came in, and I didn't mean to get so excited-sounding. I know--I saw the half-second, "Do I know this person/is this another freak?" look flash in your eyes after I joyously yelled out, "TOM!!!"  The answers are, "No, you probably don't know me because it's been a while since I've been to a community meeting," and, "You'd better be the judge of that."  [Of course, personally, I don't think of myself as a freak, but do many true freaks feel that way?]

At any rate, you stopped by at a slow point during the day, and we Election Judges felt your visit was most welcome.  I do think you're doing a really good job as alderman and wanted to share that with you.  We live in such a large, diverse ward, and I really get the sense you're trying to work for all of the people who live in our ward.  You understand that our diversity makes us interesting, and I'm glad you want to preserve it in our neighborhood.

Thanks again for the brownies (and for the breakfast goodies).  Just wanted to let you know that I'm not going to start calling you on every little piece of minutia and start taking some wacky positions on issues.  I'm just a content constituent.

Keep up the good work!
Your pal,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment