Friday, February 12, 2010

Feverish About a Gig

Dear David Wallechinsky,

Today, February 12, 2010, is a great day, isn't it?  You know what I'm talking about--tonight another Olympics begins, and we can celebrate two weeks of Winter Games.

I'm certainly celebrating--I've got yet another fantastic edition of your The Complete Book of the Winter Olympics: 2010 Edition (Complete Book of the Olympics)
in my hands, and my biennial case of Olympic Fever has commenced.  The cowbell is perched on my chair arm, and I'm ready to cheer!

Anyway, I wanted to say thanks for compiling your sourcebook, and should you need help compiling future editions, please feel free to contact me.  I may be no official Olympic historian (yet), but I'm a damn good researcher (ten+ years with a major management consulting firm), have a way with words, and I'm passionate about the Olympics.

Oh, I know what you'll say.  You've already got a co-collaborator in your nephew Jaime Loucky.  If he ever flakes out on you, there's some Hatfield & McCoy-type rift in the family, or the project just becomes too big for two people, I'd be happy to step up and help out.  Just let me know.

Citius, Altius, Fortius!
Your pal,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment