Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Morning Alarm

Dear Readers,

Yesterday I was on deadline, so I didn't get a chance to blog.  Big news day though, huh?  I mean, Osama Bin Laden finally tracked down -- what a surprise!

Sunday night we actually went to bed early.  We're perpetually going to bed at midnight, and we're zonked all week long (there's no real good reason for our late bedtime -- probably just a little too much time on the computer).  On Sunday I shut it down in the 10:00 hour, and we had lights out around 11:00.  Boy, did we sleep well!

This means I missed the initial "big news conference on late" Facebook posts -- the ones that evolved into something like "We got him!" No, I woke up to the top-of-the-hour announcement on NPR to have my mind properly blown [surprisingly, I didn't even have any NPR dreams about it either].

Sometimes it's like that -- you go to bed one night, and when you wake up in the morning, the entire world has changed.  That happened for a lot of people on 9/11/01, when Bin Laden's minions launched their largest attack on the US at the start of the day in the East, but much earlier for most of the country.  It kind of seems only fitting that this chapter of the story should end in a similar manner.

Bin Laden's capture and demise doesn't necessarily solve anything, but I hope it makes the future better.  Hopefully this will deal a big enough blow to terrorist factions so that we, nor any country who's been struck by a terrorist attack, will never have to deal with such atrocities again.

Your pal,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment