Monday, December 6, 2010

The Taste of Winter?

Dear Wrigley,

As I was purchasing gum to have on hand for when I fly (I don't know about you, but my ears can clog up pretty easily.  Gum saves me most of the time), I saw your 5 Solstice flavor.  I couldn't help but wonder what the solstice tastes like.  I've discovered that your website doesn't help--every other flavor of 5 and 5 React has some sort of mint or fruit flavor. (except "Lush," which is described as "a crisp tropical."  A crisp tropical what???  Tropical is an adjective, not a noun!  For crying out loud--you have smart people at your company.  Nobody has noticed this one?!)

Anyway, I bought Solstice (also described as "A warm and cool winter," whatever that means).  You know what the solstice tastes like?

Ass.

If you're looking to pare down your SKUs, I totally recommend getting rid of this one.  No sense in putting big marketing dollars into a crap product.  Save it for the flavors that actually taste like something.

As for me, I probably won't bother trying the other 5 flavors.  I'll stick with the Wrigley originals because my mind now thinks that every other flavor of 5 and 5 React will have some essence of ass to it.  Oh, wait.  Is that what you're alluding to when you describe Lush as "a crisp tropical"?  *Shudder*

Your pal,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment