Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Complaintiment

Dear Dickies,

Let me just say that I thought I was going to have to write you a big ol' letter of complaint.  Then the Boy found a hunk of awesomeness on your website, and I have to tell you how great you are.  Call it a complaintiment, if you will.

This all started when the Boy was doing some Christmas shopping for me, and he needed to confirm what I wanted and get the right size.  This present happens to be a Dickies Eisenhower jacket so that I can put my new Boston Derby Dames patch on the back and get my derby name embroidered on the front and basically look like a bad-ass.

The Boy found the right item on your website and then discovered that said jacket is imported.  He's trying to do as much "made in America" shopping as possible, so when he saw the "imported," I heard a bit of "you've got to be freakin' kidding me, " and "mother FUCKER."  Merry Christmas, right?

But then!  He saw the Dickies Detroit 874 pant--the pants campaign that's designed to fight unemployment, where people buy a pair of Dickies' Made in the USA Detroit 874 pants, and Dickies not only gives free shipping, but also donates a pair of 874 pants to the Salvation Army of Metro Detroit.

Both of us were blown away by the awesomeness of this campaign.  The Boy's from the Detroit Metro Region, so he understands the place and just how hard it is for people there.  We appreciate the fact that you're doing something incredibly tangible, and we hope the campaign is a big success (not to mention that the Boy is kind of geeked out about getting his 874 pants).

Thanks for creating good--and spreading some good will.  I will wear my Eisenhower jacket with pride.

Your pal,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment