Monday, December 13, 2010

Holidaze

Dear Readers,

Is it just me, or does the second weekend in December seem like the busiest time for holiday stuff?  Since I'm in a new place, I'm not super-busy, but this weekend was kind of a whirlwind of last-minute shopping, cooking, baking, and....well...stuffing my face.

Sigh.  I've seen some recent pictures of me, and it's not pretty.  I've gained a bunch of weight back (though still not as totally heavy as before), and I'm kind of upset about it.  I'd say it's time to really focus on doing something about it, but I've been tracking my steps for over a month (it's amazing how much owning a car cuts back on your walking...or how forcing yourself to walk for an errand suddenly feels like a HUGE hardship).  I've also been fairly slacker in my exercising.  This is not good.

Trying to stay focused during the holidays is pretty hard, but I'm going to try to get back to a better weight--one where I can't really feel how heavy I've become.  Sadly, this will take several months, if I do it right, but hey--it's time.  I just want to feel lighter.  I've felt it before, and I can get it back.  I probably need you to hold me accountable though.

Time for a workout.

Your pal,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment