Thursday, October 7, 2010

Three Times the Credit

Dear Deb Walden, Executive Vice President, Customer Experience, Chase Card Services,

This week I received three (3) credit card offers from you--all on the same day!  I'm pre-approved for:

  • The Slate card with Blueprint.  No annual fee.  It comes with a 0% APR through October 2011, and after that, 14.99% APR.  The Blueprint feature helps manage finances.
  • The Chase Freedom card.  No annual fee.  It too comes with a 0% APR through October 2011, and after that, 14.99% APR.  Earn 5% cash back in some purchase categories, 1% cash in every other category.  Up to 10% back if you shop online at select merchants.  Plus, earn $50 cash after your first purchase.
  • The Chase Freedom card.  No annual fee.  It too comes with a 0% APR through October 2011, and after that, 14.99% APR.  Earn 5% cash back in some purchase categories, 1% cash in every other category.  Plus, earn $100 cash after your first purchase.
Whoa!  Three cards!  Two of which are the same, but for some reason, one gives a slightly better cash bonus.  Do you know the damage I could do, if you actually gave me all three of  them?

I suppose you're telling me this is a sign of what's to come--apparently the economy is good enough that I'll be getting nothing but credit card offers for the foreseeable future.  Let me stop you short:  You might as well just take my name off your mailing list--I'm not looking for a new card right now.  

And if you're going to ignore my request, how about making a smarter system that sends different offers on different days?  Because this little incident?  Doesn't make me trust you.  At all.  And why would I want to have a credit card (or three) from a company I don't even remotely trust?

Your pal,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment