Friday, October 8, 2010

Postcard from the Air

Dear Readers,

The Boy and I are headed to Chicago today--it's a mix of business and pleasure.  The Boy has to give some presentations for work, so we decided to make a big weekend out of it.

So far, our big weekend mostly consists of eating and drinking.  We've got a fairly long list of our favorite establishments that we want to visit while we're there, and in the back of my mind, I have a few more that I'd like to fit in--you know, a snack here and there.  I'm vainly hoping that my stomach will digest everything really quickly so that I can fit the next course in.

When we get back next week, I'll have to find a running race or some sort of exercise challenge, just to give me an incentive to move and take off the pounds I fear I'll put on.  I can't even tell myself that walking around Chicago is going to stave off all the calories the city is going to serve me.  That's all right though--I'll just do the best I can and enjoy myself (just maybe not to the fullest this time).

Hope you have a good weekend!
Your pal,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment