Wednesday, March 10, 2010

More Support!

Dear Oz,

I'm cleaning out my drawers and found a few more bras I could send your way.

Keep up the good work!

Your pal,
Jill

***************
Ladies,

It's time for spring cleaning!  A few months ago, I read an article about Support 1000, an organization that collects bras and donates them to women's shelters, teen girls' programs....places where there are women in need of bras.

In need of bras?  Isn't that just a basic?  True, but as you know, a good bra can be expensive.  Even if you're talking about a $20 bra, if you want a full week's worth, you've got to cash out $140 (plus sales tax).  When you're poor, that's a heck of a lot of money.  Even the $10 bra adds up pretty quickly.  If your choice is a drawer of bras or food for the week, I'd bet a lot of people choose food.

Please take a few minutes to go through your collection--if you've got bras in good condition that don't fit anymore (and I personally just owned up to the fact that some of mine are probably never going to fit, so I shouldn't keep them around), send them to Support1000. They'll be greatly appreciated!

Your pal,
Jill

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this...I read about this awhile back and couldn't remember the name when I wanted to send them some bras. Your Pal Jill, serving the community!

    ReplyDelete