Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Line Between Wacky and Odd

Dear Southern Comfort,

Normally, I like me some offbeat advertising.  The Robert Goulet (may he rest in peace) ads for Emerald Nuts?  Brilliant!  The Old Spice ads with Bruce Campbell, followed up by their new "Smell Like a Man, Man" campaign?  Genius!

But your latest ad campaign?  The "Ready, Set, Go Out" one?  Well, frankly, it scares the shit out of me.

I don't know what it is--the freaky minor music or the random images that sometimes seem totally disconnected.  I mean, will I turn into a scary monster if I drink SoCo?  I'm kind of a bitch already--I'd hate to think I can drink a potion that would help enhance that.

On the other hand, if SoCo can turn me into the girl who can pull off a fun, flirty party dress, then pour me a round!

Your pal,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment