Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wanna see a cool picture? Psych!

Dear Chicago Tribune,

Even though I no longer live in Chicago, I'm curious about the Blago trial, so I thought I'd check out the news on your website.  It's been a while since I visited, and I have to admit that the site looks a bit cleaner and has the news prominently displayed.

However, could you work on linking teasers to what they actually tease?

Case in point:  I scroll down the front page, and I pause at the "Photos & video" section because there's a picture of a giant hole in a street.  It looks amazing.  I want to see where it is.  So I click on the link above the photo that says, "In the news: Hole eats street," and where do I go?  To the "Photos in the news" section, which is 101 pictures (that's ONE HUNDRED ONE) of stuff in the news.

Look, I don't know what you're hoping for, but I'm not going to click through that many pictures to find the one that you teased on the front page.  I don't have that kind of time.  I still don't know about the big hole--did it swallow all the brainpower in the Tribune Tower?

Now I'm just frustrated enough that I think I'll take my eyeballs over to the Sun-Times and see if they do a better job.

Your pal,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment