Monday, April 25, 2011

Cheers!

Dear Readers,

Think I'm posting in the afternoon because I'm hung over?  Well, you'd be wrong!

I did enjoy a decent of amount of prosecco yesterday during my Easter celebrations.  Lent's now over, and I kept up my end of the bargain to not have booze during it (save the one day in Maine at the beginning of April that God and I discussed when we made our agreement).

I have to say that the last couple of weeks weren't so bad.  Sure, I wouldn't have minded a beer here and there.  Passing up a mimosa at brunch this past Saturday was also tough, but during the second half of Lent, I seemed to have turned the corner of "this is not so difficult."  That was pretty nice.  I even dropped a couple of pounds--though I don't know if that was due to not drinking, or it was due to the Boy's starting a food diary, which made me a little more conscientious about what I was putting into my mouth.

Still, I'm glad it's over.  I'm a little comforted by the fact that I now know I'm able to give up drinking if I had to, but it's much nicer to say, "Oh, I don't feel like a drink tonight," than, "I can't drink at all."  Besides, I have a list of cocktail places to hit up, so it's time to get a move on that!

Your pal,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment