Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Good Samaritans

Dear Torres and the Two Ladies Who Also Stopped to Help,

I'm sorry I scared you this morning, but thanks for calling the ambulance.  See, I've been walking the Boy to the train because I'm trying to exercise a little bit more.

We usually cross Belmont street at a stop light, but when we're hurrying to catch the train, we'll cross at a corner when there's no traffic coming.  That happened today, but right before I stepped into the street, I tripped and rolled my ankle something fierce.  Unlike every other time I've rolled my ankle, I wasn't going to walk this one off.

The Boy asked me if I wanted to go to the doctor, and the pain was bad enough that I did.  I also didn't think I was going to be able to walk the few blocks back home to the car.  So he ran off to get the car, and that's where you all came in.

I can't remember now if I was clinging to the signpost, or if Torres, you helped me there, but I do remember you helping me lie down....and I vaguely remember passing out from the pain.  I assume that's when you all called the ambulance.

I realize I must've looked like a mess--a random girl in big, puffy coat, passed out in the snow, with quite possibly nobody there to help her out.  I really appreciate you stopping to help out (and for canceling the ambulance when the Boy showed up to cart me to the doctor).  Hopefully we remembered to thank you in person--he was a bit freaked to see me on the ground.  Please know though, that we do appreciate your help.  If nothing else, I hope you got a decent story out of this morning's adventure!

Everything looks good--I have a sprain, but it's nothing horrible.  I'll be fine in a few days.  The pain just got the best of me for a few minutes.  Thanks for being there for me when it did.

Your pal,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment