Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cool Tools

Dear Duluth Trading Company,

I love your gimlets!  I'm not talking cocktails here (though some people would agree that I like a good gimlet from time to time), of course, I'm talking about your hand-powered drills.

The Boy had been wanting a set for quite some time, and I finally broke down and got him a set for Christmas (he's the type that will go into a hardware store and announce, "I need one (of everything)").

Best gift ever!

We've used them so much, and I actually prefer them to electric drills.  Why bother hauling out a drill and finding a plug--and probably an extension cord--when you can just quickly whip out a gimlet and make a screwhole in a few seconds?

But you know how cool they are.  However, maybe you should think about marketing these babies as "drills for chicks."  Why?  As a woman who doesn't use tools all that often, I tend to freak out around electric drills.  Yeah, a power tool is cool, but I'm more afraid of drilling a hole too deep--going right through a door, or something like that.  With the gimlet, I have a lot more control over what I'm doing with the tool, and I can make a hole perfectly, without any fear.  How awesome is that?!

Anyway, thanks for having this item in your catalog.  I think it may become my next favorite gift.

Your pal,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment