Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Acceptance!

Dear Readers,

A few weeks ago I got an acceptance letter for a story that made me so happy I started crying. See, I haven't been concentrating a whole lot on creative work, but I managed to write a humor piece last month and shipped it off to McSweeney's Internet Tendency, which is one of my dream places to be published.

I've tried to get into McSweeney's a couple other times but have been rejected. This time, though, they took my piece and published it today! Wooooo! That's a nice little feather in my cap!

Please take a minute to check out "Business Plan for Slutty Dresses." This was inspired by my recent trip to Vegas, and I'm pretty pleased with the way I tried to capture the feel of the Strip while I was there.

Your pal,
Jill

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been to Vegas, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! I'm thrilled for you! What a great addition to your clips.

    ReplyDelete