Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Eye Don't See Cheaply

Dear 1-800-CONTACTS,

Thanks for the tons of e-mails you've sent reminding me that I should reorder my contact lenses.  I just wanted to let you know that I did place an order--just not with you.

True, you have served me well in the past.  You've been quick and reasonably priced.  What more could I complain about, right?

Well, there's the little matter of the free contact lens case.  Don't get me wrong--I love a free lens case.  However, I don't love one that says "Wal-Mart" on it.  I take great pains not to shop at Wal-Mart, and I loathed the fact that you forced me to associate with a store I want nothing to do with.

Sure, you could say, Well, Jill, just toss (or recycle) the contact case if it bothers you so much.  I could indeed, but I'd still have the knowledge that you associate yourself with a store that I believe has done so many bad things for this country.  I'd worry that Wal-Mart would get the upper hand in your partnership and force its "cheap first" mentality through your supply chain and ultimately compromise the quality of my lenses.  I can't take that chance.

So you've lost a customer.  I'm sure that's no biggie--I'm just another set of eyes.  Just not a pair that's focused on what you have to offer.

Your pal,
Jill

2 comments:

  1. That's too bad. I got my contacts from themn recently and loved the case. I don't care what it says on the cover. It's probably the best contact lens case I've ever received. It was offered complimentary and is obviously leaps and bounds ahead of the cases that I received with my previous order through another online company. My suggestion. Just throw away the top of the case and use whatever one you're currently using instead. Otherwise, enjoy your cheap contact lens case that is probably made of crappy plastic and who knows what else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous,

    What makes a contact case "leaps and bounds ahead" of another one?

    Your pal,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete