Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dear Anonymous --and by Anonymous, I mean the person who commented on my contact case letter,

I have to admit, I didn't quite understand what you meant by the 1-800-CONTACTS people sending you a really nice contact case.  Aren't all the free cases pretty much the same?  #5 plastic, two caps....the only difference I saw was some co-branding on the caps.  Granted, the ones that come with the contacts or with my saline are a touch nicer than the ones I get at the doctor's office, but beggars can't be choosers.

Then I reached into my stash of free contact cases and pulled out a new version from 1-800-CONTACTS. I don't know how to describe it, but it's really freakin' nice!  There's some sort of edge on the caps that prevents dirt from getting inside or moisture leaking out--whatever it is, it's sturdier than what I'm used to in a free case.  Color me impressed!

(and it doesn't even have a Wal-Mart ad on it)

So, I have to admit that you're right.  There is at least one really good type of contact case out there.  I almost hate to recycle it so soon, but these bad boys are only good for so long.  Still, I hope that that type of case trickles down to me at some point!

Thanks for pointing it out, Anonymous!

Your pal,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment